· When we first met with Sune, it was like a breath of fresh air in the middle of a remarkably busy week. Sune is such a wonderful person to everyone around her and this was apparent throughout the wedding planning process. Sune is charismatic, well-spoken, ambitious and, very humble even though she was engaged and now married to a renowned South African ruby player, Aiden Davies. Their relationship, including love, care, patience, and kindness, is one which every young couple should aspire to and it was a pleasure to get to know them both.
· The dresses! Sune’s wedding dress designer, Anel Botha, is a friend of Sune’s and someone she has known since childhood. As the ceremony was hosted in winter, and in an outdoor garden, Sune wore a long sleeved, heavily beaded, and pure white gown, otherwise referred to as, “Anel’s work of art!” Sune transformed her look later in the evening to her second gown, which was a short party dress with a gorgeous ostrich feather skirt. Even as wedding planner, who sees a lot of white dresses, it was difficult to choose which of these striking dress’s I loved more!
· Not often do we mention the gentleman’s attire within our blog posts, but Aidon Davis is the exception to this rule. His impeccable taste was showcased on this lovely couples wedding day when he sported a classical fitted black suit, grey waste coat and black bowtie finished with a matching grey pocket square. Aidon and both his groomsmen, fellow rugby pros, MC Shane Gates, and his brother Dalton Davis, wore Santon Eurosuit’s fitted collection on the wedding day.
· We loved the look and feel for this wedding reception including a green, white, and black colour palette. We incorporated a fashionable take on the usual crystal and glass chandelier ceiling by including black fringe lighting. This made the vast Cavalli ceiling space feel more intimate by bringing down the perceived ceiling height. This collection of dripping black fringe lights was provided and installed by the amazing NConcepts lighting team.
· Delana Haughton, from Delana’s Cakes in Cape Town, created the three-tiered wedding cake featuring layers of nutty carrot cake and cream cheese icing. All three tiers were covered in pure white frosting and adorned with real white orchids. During the wedding planning, we sourced the perfect rose gold cake stand to display Delana’s beautiful, and tasty, creation.
· It was exciting to have Top Billing present at the celebration as they showcased Sune and Aidon’s celebration on their Real Wedding Features. It was very humbling to be credited as the wedding planners on this prominent media platform.
· Bronwyn Tod captured the celebration beautifully while keeping the couple and our wedding planning team giggling throughout! We adore working with Bronwyn because she focuses on the couple's personal style and she is at ease with local celebrities. This results in unique images that are both personal and emotional as well as striking and glamorous.